PROFESSIONAL GROUPS w/ CAMPUS CHAPTERS
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
Access to a quiet place to study, computers in the open labs, campus media outlets and numerous other resources are available to Journalism students. Many of the services are housed in Manzanita Hall, the home of the CSUN Journalism Department.
• Journalism Department, MZ 210:
Administrative offices, faculty mailboxes, student files.
• Monday Memo newsletter:
Publication distributed to students, faculty and staff.
• Michael C. Emery Reading Room, MZ 208:
Open to students for studying, reading and computer access.
• Campus student-produced news media outlets:
The Daily Sundial, MZ 140; Valley View News and On Point, MZ 150; Pop-Up Newsroom, KCSN 88.5 FM, VPAC, and El Nuevo Sol and Scene magazine, MZ 201.
• Instructional labs, MZ 211, 360; photo lab, MZ 211A; Valley View News and On-Point, MZ 150, KCSN, VPAC 301; SCENE Magazine, El Nuevo Sol, MZ 203.
• Technology Office:
Check out mobile journalism and photo/audio/video equipment in MZ 335. Allen Lin and student assistants available to answer questions, deal with technology issues in the instructional labs and check-out equipment.
• Faculty offices, third floor of Manzanita Hall:
Full-time faculty members maintain individual offices, where schedules and office hours are posted; part-time faculty offices headquartered in MZ 337.
• Student journalism clubs, first floor displays; meetings in MZ 201:
Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
CSUN Latino Journalists / California Chicano News Media Association / Hispanic Journalists (CCNMA) (NAHJ)
Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA)
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
Black Journalists of Southern California (BJSC)
National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
• Journalism Academic Advisement and CAMC Student Resource Center:
First-time freshmen, transfer students especially are encouraged to seek advice. Journalism Academic Adviser, 818-677-3135; Student Resource Center, Nordhoff Hall 135, 818-677-2024.
• Learning Resource Center, Oviatt Library and other resources:
Assistance with reading, writing and research, and other information.
• University Counseling Services, Baymarian Hall 520:
Wide variety of mental health and other services. Call 818-677-2366.
• Klotz Student Health Center:
Call 818-677-3666 for appointments and urgent and other types of health care information.